A New Start

 It has been a while since I last blogged. I am glad to share that I have obtained confirmation for my new job. Time flies when you are given the opportunity and the team members are very helpful at work and your boss practises what he preaches on work-life balance.

I am still learning in my role as a tax supervisor. I am certainly doing okay regarding the technical aspects of the work and slowly learning the ropes of supervising and managing people. This is an art to learn, which I am overcoming daily.

This job enables me to exercise as well as I need to walk about 10 to 15 into the office and out of the office every day and do at least two bus rides switch per day. Going for lunch is a 10 minutes’ walk to the canteen and back to the office. This meant that I can easily hit the 5000 steps target on the HPB app per day.

Some of my friends wondered why I took up the job opportunity as working in an industrial estate was definitely tough for me with the lack of disabled-friendly features and long walks. My take is if I did not give this role a shot, my career will be stagnant and I cannot grow. The job market had been slow at the time, as it was after the Chinese New Year and I need to work as my dad had retired and I need to provide for the family.

Let’s hope it continues to stay this way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Outing Plan With Fellow Blogger Friends

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

House Visiting & AVietnamese Girlfriend For Me??