Are Singaporeans Becoming Unfeeling?

I was travelling on a public bus to work yesterday. Just after 3 bus stops, the bus unexpectedly broke down. The bus captain was calling out for people to lend their handphone for him to call his office. Nobody was willing to lend him, In the end, I lent my handphone to him, helped him to call his office. He was quite thankful to me. He said he treat me a drink when he sees me at Hougang Central Interchange.

Actually, this is not the first time I have taken a ride on a bus that has broken down. I think the worst one was the Service 74 bus with a broken wiper and another Service 74 with a deflated tyre. So I am actually aware of what the bus captain needs.

But I am saddened by the fact that are Singaporeans becoming so unfeeling? Why you don't want to lend your handphone to help the bus captain to call his office?

Comments

Dopey said…
ya tell me about it.
rem that time my leg was in a cast? well i took a feeder svc one day with the cast and the crutches and guess wat... it was just like 4 bus-stops (short journey only) but NOT A SINGLE person gave up the seat for me! yap, and it's a bus full of students, housewives, kids and like 4 NS guys! only one old woman (who can't even stand properly) offered to give me her seat... aiyo, i think she needed it more than me.

Singaporeans aren't 'unfeeling' i think the correct word is SELFISH... sad rite...
DARLing said…
They lost the sense of "TOUCH"

Luckily i still do

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings