House Visiting & AVietnamese Girlfriend For Me??


I started my day early today at 8.30am. I was helping my mum with the flower decoration & slept at 1am last night. Had received CNY sms messages from my ex colleague, LS, Angela, Rebecca, Darling, Caifeng, Huixuan, Huiyu, Mac, Jaslyn, Joey, Candy , Kelvin, Rich & Mike. Thanks for all your well wishes, my friends.

The 1st stop was at my grandma's place, which we were lucky to get a cab almost immediately after waiting for just a short while. In the ride, my mum & I were chatting casually about some issues that happened in S'pore recently, when we actually touched on the old cobbler cheating Vietnamese gals to be his bride. The cabby told us an incident that happened to his friend. His friend, a guy aged 39 had married a Thai gal aged 23 some years ago. Soon after, they became parents to a baby boy. When the boy turned 3, the gal took away the money in the joint bank account with her husband. The savings totalled to about $100,000, which the guy had saved for years from his high earning job, & went back to her native land with their son.

On hearing this, my first thought was that the gal must be having an affair with an unknown guy in her native land. Although till now, the guy is allowed to visit their son once a year, but I guess he is not alllowed to bring him back to Singapore. Hmmmm wonder why, something fishy here? Anyway, its none of my business, so didn't probe further.

As per last year, gave my beloved grandma a small red packet, which I initally didn't want to, due to my small bonus. But mum persuaded me to continue on since I have made a start when I had no bonus last year. I received lesser this year, as I did not get to see my 2 aunts & their married children. I suffered a 95% drop in one of my relative's red packet. It was from a big amount to a miserly amount. Anyway, I am working anyway, so to me, it is just a sideline income that needs not be reported as taxable income.

Headed home at about 2.30pm. Got a call from my 3rd aunt at 4.30pm & went to her place for a steamboat dinner, when my mum started talking to my elder cousin about his Vietnamese wife. She actually asked him to intro one Viet gal to me! My aunt's husband suggested to my mum that she can go to the matchmaking agency & signed up for me to look for a Viet bride! My answer was damn direct, told them straight in the face that I preferred S'pore gals. I guessed my cousin was quite hurt by my comments as he said that S'pore gals preferred guys that have the 5Cs. I feel that it is a general sweeeping statement, as foreign brides, like those from my motherland do that too. The majority of the gals that I knew so far do not show they need these 5Cs - cash, credit card, condo, car club membership. Instead, I think they prefer care, concern, consideration, caresses and co-operation, which I feel that is more realistic in the context of Singapore today. This is also something I would prefer.

Later, right in front of my 3rd aunt, I told my mum that I just feel that I am still young at 26 going to 27 in Dec this year. I feel that this kind of thing about relationship can't be forced. When it wants to come, you cannot avoid it, no matter what. I don't think she will understand & will defintely do something funny like matchmaking or intro those "gondu gondu" gals (gals that I can't strike up a chat with from her Buddhism cell group meetings) and keep bringing up this topic every CNY till I find a girlfriend.

Unless I can find one, if not how not to shut her mouth. Any takers to be my girlfriend for a day?
Please contact me through here if interested & willing.
We need to rehearse & see how to get my mum off my back.
No Ah Hua, Ah Lian please.

Hehe:)






Comments

Kazzzzzzz said…
wah, copy my 5-Cs and paste in ur blog?

anyway u hiring day time gf ah? i charge by the hour one wor. hahaha... sometimes parents, when showing concern, may do it the wrong wat. but that does not deny the fact that they love and care for you.....

take things easy lah....
Paul said…
How much u charge, Ka? Interested lei. Hehe:)

This is not the 1st time she has done that liao. She asked my married cousin, Jolene to intro gals to me too when I was at her house.

How I know, my cousin sold her out.

In the end, told her not to intro any. Dun want to put her in an awkward position if things dun work out!
Dalicia said…
i had this discussion with ling the other day. why SG guys goes to thailand viet. they may seemed sweet and nice at first. but later, they will show your true colors. some of my friends from the states, when to china and viet to look for a wife. they ditched...cheated on them.

ahhaha....going on one day date. as long you pay for everything ...i hope your mum don't fall madly in love with me heehhe
Paul said…
Well, I dun mind paying for the date. But how to date u when u r in USA now?
Richie said…
Pal, u are having a big problem. But, its normal since my grandparents do ask me occasionally. Hope you are not too pressurized and turn to a guy as target instead. Hehe.
Paul said…
Rich: r u nuts??? i won't become a GAY!!!!! 4 me, i will take my time 2 find a good singaporean gal which is my preference!!!!
Anonymous said…
ey... have u thought about how your mother/auntie/other relatives will keep asking u all about all the other details in yr r/s? one lie leads to another...

then... maybe they'll start asking you / nagging you two to get married! ;)

and yr mother will probably urge you to invite your 'girlfriend' home for dinner... so all that...

so troublesome lei...
Paul said…
Hmmm ya. but think this is e only way I can think of at the moment.

Anyway, just let her nag for whatever she wants.
Kazzzzzzz said…
dopey's right.. one lie will only lead to more and more in order to cover the first lie...

so why not bring RICHARD home instead? sure stop the nagging once and for all. haha.....
Dalicia said…
they all got a point! later they'll pressure you to get married. then when you get married they want you to have kids. so it NEVER ENDS.

if you give in to them. then they'll ask more. anyways, just ignore and act like they're singing a song. i'm sure they don't want you to end up with any woman.

remember it's your happiness! not theirs.
Richie said…
Rebec ~ why don't u play the role of the gf instead? If I am the one, I think the whole world will nag at paul. Haha.
Paul said…
Haha. Tks 4 all e comments.

Rebecca: I am 100% normal ok, I will like only gals not guys.

Elaine: I dun care for now. I am still young. I agree with the happiness part tt u said.
DARLing said…
oh recieve your sms on that n burst out laughing
Your mum ... :O
Paul said…
Darling: U luff, Jolene & her mum very stunned when I told them that.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings