N-Day Favourite Songs

Time really flies. National Day is around already. 4 more months to the end of the year. What have I accomplished so far this year? Hmmm.... need to give it some thought.

Was listening to YES 933 in the morning(was not working, on leave today). The DJs were asking for views about which National Day songs were amongst our favourites from 1998 to 2005.

I personally enjoyed the 1998 song, "Home" by Kit Chan & 2002 song " We Will Get There" by Stefanie Sun Yanzi. The results of the poll echoed my sentiments, with 2001 song, Tanya Chua's "Where We Belong" coming in 3rd.

I personally feel that the 2005 song " Reach out for the Stars" by Talfuik & Rui En was badly done. I think it does not have the Singapore "feel" in there.

What do you think?

Comments

Dopey said…
4 more months left?!?!?! AHHH! don't remind me la... haha... i've been too busy i don't know what i've been doing...

PS: here's a spoof of the national day song... in fact, it's more 'real' then the one by taufik and rui en...
www.archive.org/download/s_National_Day_Dance_MTV/adifferentndpvideo_CW.wmv

and maybe u want to chk out this one:
of the NKF saga:
www.joyousmoments.com/misc/nkfaffairs_pt1_CW.wmv
www.joyousmoments.com/misc/nkfaffairs_pt2_CW.wmv
Paul said…
Have 2 agree that the video is quite real, actually showcase what is happening in singapore.
Kazzzzzzz said…
It's a rather nice attempt, almost wonderful, if you compare it to Macdonald's latest adverts..... (remember the pet phrase, I'm lovin it?)

I find it rather simple and down to earth... but then, perhaps it's just cos I've been seeing it played everywhere. (^_^)
Paul said…
Some things are best kept simple.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings