Snow Wolf Lake at Singapore Indoor Stadium


Snow Wolf Lake @ Singapore Indoor Stadium

Hey, as promised, I wrote in my previous entry that I was going to write about Snow Wolf Lake ( 雪狼湖) after watching it, so here you go.

Storyline

The story is about a poor guy, Wolf, (played by Jacky Cheung) working as a gardener in a rich family, where he got to know Snow (played by Evonne Hsu) & Yu Feng (played by Nandia Chan). Wolf & Snow fell in love. However, her mother did not approve of the relationship due to different classes in society. The mother had wanted her to marry a rich guy, who was interested in her, so as to let Snow fulfill her dreams to be a violinist in Vienna. Eventually, Snow married the rich guy and moved to Vienna, as Wolf was asked to set fire on her house, and was sent to jail.

During his jail term, Yu Feng, who had been secretly admiring Wolf, helped him to tend his garden & house. Upon Snow’s death in Vienna, (she died in a fire in Vienna with her husband), Yu Feng told Wolf that she was interested in him, and was willing to care for him, but Wolf did not accept her love and told Yu Feng that he only loved Snow.

The Cast Performance

Jacky Cheung

What can I say, he is not called “God of Songs” (歌神) for nothing. He did very well with his powerful vocals. I was really touched by his performance. He played the role of Wolf very well, really tugged my heartstrings, especially the last part, where she carried Evonne.  The audience at the stadium gave him a standing ovation at the last part of his performance.

Rating: 10/10.

Evonne Hsu

I must say it is a very good performance for this newbie. She has a very soulful & powerful voice (although it can’t be compared to Kit). I think we should give her encouragement & credit for a good performance as Snow. She has the second loudest applause from us. The only drawback is when she sang with Jacky, Jacky’s voice seem to camouflage her voice.

Rating:  9/10

Nandia Chan

She put up an average performance as Yu Feng. Maybe she was feeling stressed replacing Kit Chan for this role. Her performance for the first half of show was really below par. I echoed Stella’s view on that. The second half of the show, she was much more comfortable. She tried her best, but we still feel that Kit Chan is still better!

Rating: 7/10

The China Actors

I felt that they did well as the supporting cast. I like Snow & Yu Feng’s mum best. She really makes you want to hate her! The drawback was that their voices were too soft. I do not think is the problem of the sound system.

Rating: 8/10


Overall Comments

I feel that it is an excellent show, despite the drawbacks mentioned. Some of the parts, I was really moved to tears. It is always hard to see a guy cry over this, but I did, especially, the part where Wolf was dragged away from Snow to go to jail for his part in the fire & Nandia’s declaration of his love for Wolf after her sister had passed away in Vienna. The stage was very well done. I guess Jacky must have put in a lot of effort to come up with that design.

Overall rating: 9/10.


Therefore, I suggest to the people who want to watch the show, what are you waiting for? Please go & watch it. Today is the last day. I do believe there are still tickets for the show. The hotline number is 63485555, website : www.sistic.com.sg

Comments

DARLing said…
Seems like i have just watched it ...
Cool
wowo never know that it is such a LOVE sad story
Paul said…
Thanks, a few of my friends have been complaining its a bit too long, but glad that there are still people appreciating it.

The urge to document my feelings abt the show just made me write so long. Haha.

Guess I am too sentimental already.
DARLing said…
write write write
is your own OWE it blog it :)
have it show it meaning hahaahaa

u are just too sentimental
is ok i like tat

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings