Excuse Me, Are You A Chinese, Malay, Indian Or Indian Muslim?

As there will be two public holidays next week, my colleagues were dreaming from Thursday that there may be a chance that my boss would be giving a whole week off for the whole of next week.
Logically speaking, we do not have any Malay, Indian or Indian Muslim colleagues working in our office, How would my boss give a whole week off for public holidays meant for the Malay & Indian community? If he were to give the week off, we would definitely get less off days in the Chinese New Year period.

Next year CNY eve is on 28 Jan 2006 (Sat). The public holidays of CNY is on 29 Jan (Sun) & 30 Jan (Mon). My boss should be thinking to give us a break to maybe 1 Feb or 2 Feb, since CNY eve, he has always gave us off without fail. I would actually prefer this. Who would want to go back to work immediately after the CNY festivities?

The lesson learnt is “Do not try to be smart aleck, assume something when boss is asking about the progress of our work. He should be thinking about the year-end bonus, how much he wants to give us, based on our performance.”

Judging from the response from my colleagues, some of them deserved to be sacked, because they kept thinking about getting breaks without the need of taking leave. I always believe that there are no free lunches in this world. Even if there is, there are not many you can munch on now.

I just feel fortunate that I did not join in arms in saying that boss should give us a break for next week. I hope there will be bonus for me at the end of the year
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings