Monday Blues

I was scolded by my boss on my 1st task this morning. It is not actually my fault. The problem was caused by my boss himself. He was the one who misplaced the file somewhere in the office, until one of my colleagues, K managed to find it recently.

Due to the deadline constraint at that time, I had submitted the Forms without the computation & assumed that the client had no children. Since the file has been located, I have completed the computation & asked the client to provide me his children's birth certificates. This blur client, gave me 2 copies of his children's NRIC & his other child birth certificate. In my haste to clear this small submission, it didn't occur to me that the NRIC does not indicate who the parents of the person stated in the NRIC was. I was scolded by my boss. After which, I tried to retreive the birth certificates from the client's old tax file. There, I discovered that my predecessor (the person whom I took over from) did not even bother to take a copy of the client's child birth certificates. We are talking about a professional accounting firm here, yet the people who worked here are so unprofessional, and can still say I am unprofessional & talk like a child to client.

I just wonder if you guys know how to service the clients. I am very pleased to say, out of the 250 clients I served, about 10 clients have asked me out on seperate occassions for meals or drinks. They were very surprised when they see me due to these 3 reasons.

  1. I am able to work as a normal person.
  2. I had to serve the nation as a clerk.
  3. I am still pursuing further education.

I just wonder if my colleagues have such pulling power & professionalism that can leave my client impressed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings