CNY Gathering At My Place


Today is "人日", which means it is everyone's birthday today. Hereby wishing everyone here a happy birthday before I start my posting today.

As you may be aware that I have invited my friends over to my place for a CNY gathering today. It has been 2 years since I last did something like this. I am glad to say that majority of the people that I invited have turned up.
I would like to express my thanks to the following people for coming.
  1. Darling
  2. Krys
  3. Richard
  4. Caifeng
  5. Jason

I am glad to say that you guys enjoyed the Prosperity Feast Meal & KFC Party Meal for 6 that I ordered for you all. I would also like to thank Richard's mum for making the agar-agar for our desert and my mum for preparing the "鱼生" on short notice for my friends. It was a healthy "鱼生" that my mum prepared. She had used grapes, apples, cabbages, carrots & the ingredients given by my 3rd aunt to prepare it. I enjoyed it & I am sure my friends too especially the gals. We did not even put the oil in the dish and I think they like the innovative way that my mum prepared the dish. It is not salty or sweet & its healthy.

I guessed I made the right decision to call my parents back for lunch as I had the hunch that Mac would not be coming and Huiyu had told me that she had fallen sick. As a result, she can't come. Huiyu has promised to make up to us for her birthday in March. I told her to think about what she wants for as her birthday present as well, as I do believe I will be the one shopping for it again.

Darling, Krys & Richard arrived shortly after 2pm. Caifeng came by shortly after 3pm due to her new job commitments, while Jason came by at about 3.30pm.

Darling, Krys , Richard were hungry after a short while. I decided that it was already quite late for lunch so when Darling said that when she wants to start, I told her to go ahead. I had ordered the 肉干 pizza, Hawaiian pizza, chicken, nuggets,salad & whipped potato. The gals liked the Hawaiian pizza, Richard liked the chicken, as he kept mentioning chicken when we kept asking him to eat other stuff, while dad liked the salad.

My mum was busy when she came back, distributing "ang pows", running to NTUC to buy salmon for our "捞鱼生" & exchange of oranges. Speaking of oranges, Krys forgot to bring hers so I gave her 2 oranges from my house, before my parents came home. Anyway, my dad was complaining that we have too many oranges at home this year, as besides buying one box of 48 oranges, his colleague had given him a bag of 12 oranges. My aunt had given us another 12 oranges before the start of the celebration.

After the lunch, the ladies were smitten by the Chinese New Year flowers decorated with colourful red packets from the various Singapore banks & NTUC Fairprice. We took a group photo with Darling's sister digital camera. The ladies continued to ask Richard to snap pictures for them around the beautiful flowers, as they waited for my mum. In between, Richard, Darling & Krys toured my house as this was the 1st time they have been to my house. Darling was saying that my room was hiding a gal, due to the Hello Kitty dolls in my bedroom.

My mum came back and within half an hour, the "鱼生" was ready. My friends were all very helpful as they helped to set up the "鱼生". My mum was commenting that Darling is very friendly & helpful as she had offered to help her to prepare the ingredients for the "lou hei". We really "捞" very happily, & kept saying the good luck phraases.

Later, it was Darling's turn to be jealous with Rich. My buddy had been coughing so my mum was serving him personally with warm water every now & then. Caifeng was also coughing & my mum gave her a glass of warm water personally.too.

The day came to an end at 6pm when they left.

Wishing my friends :-

Darling, Jason & Richard- Hope you guys find a good job soon!

Krys- Stay healthy & happy.

Caifeng- Continue to have a loving relationship with Kelvin

& hope to hear the wedding bells soon.

(my mum was asking her this question just now.)

All the best for her new job too.

As for myself-

A pay increment or promotion to justify the job scope I am handling/

A new employer who appreciates what I am doing.

As for my brother-

All the best for his "O" Levels

All the best in the new poly course that he has chosen.

As for my parents

Stay healthy & all the best in the new jobs they are holding.

Comments

Dalicia said…
hi paul..happy "ren ri" to you!! :) i hope you'll get your incremenent and finds a boss that appreciates your work.


your brother is taking the o-levels? GOOD LUCK TO HIM! :)

the food looks good!! glad you had a great time. nice to see your friends right?
DARLing said…
Thanks for the WIshes!! Thanks for everything...
enjoy myself at your house and Richi is asking next year still go n i say of cox why not ! So fun !
ehehehheeeee
Is there a gal at your house?
Richie said…
Yes Yes. so nice to be pampered by your mum. haha. Paul not jealous? :p
Anonymous said…
haha.. like the healthy yu sheng.. thks to ur mum!!
Paul said…
Darling: my mum say u r a nice & friendly gal lei. Offer to help her with the yu sheng. There is no gal at my hse la, unless u intro a gf to me to pamper on. Haha:)

To all: u r all welcome to come to my house nxt year. Glad that u all enjoy at my place.

Krys: That's my mum's creative juices working at short notice. Glad that u all liked it.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings