Eventful Day


I had an eventful & short working day yesterday, due to the company lunch at Plaza Parkroyal Hotel, Sze Chuan Dou Hua Resturant.

There were 14 of us. I wonder why the aunties always do not like to sit with my bosses. This year, they decided to crowd around one table with an empty seat & hope that my boss did not sit with them. In the end, it ended up that my boss sat with them throughout the lunch, while I sat with my lady boss & Q's boss at the other table, with Q, K, L & M.

I had brought 4 oranges with me yesterday as I felt that I should "return" the good luck wishes to my boss. Since I am doing that, I thought I might as well do the same for Q's boss as well. I don't want people to gossip behind my back and say that I "curry favour" my boss. I wonder if it was the oranges that did the trick, or my boss could not stand the incessant chatter by the aunties. He gave us the "开工红包" that we have been waiting for during the lunch. Of course, the aunties' faces started to grin. By the way, for the record, I also got one from Q's boss.

The food was good, especially the desert, the soya beancurd. It was not sweet at all. At least I won't get diabetic after eating this desert. The "捞鱼生" was fun, as everyone was uttering their wishes for the coming year. We did it twice as there were 2 tables. It ended up my table was the most messy. It is said that the messier the table, the luckier the people for the year. I certainly hope so.

After the lunch, I went to Funan Centre to get my new bank passbook & I got myself a new floppy drive to replace the faulty one on the PC. The problem is that I can't fix it, so I will most likely get Stella to do it for me. I told her already, but she said that she is going to be busy. I don't think I will be getting my ex-colleague, R to do it as he wants to charge me $50 to $80 just to install & get the drive for me. A floppy drive only cost less than $20. I feel that he does not give me any discounts even as friends / ex-colleague. It makes me wonder if I should continue my friendship with him.

Went to Apple Service Centre after that, to collect my repaired IPOD, which they issued me with a brand new one. I also got the pouch which I ordered from them online yesterday. That means I have to transfer the songs all over again, Sianz.

After dinner, went to Changi Airport to send my first online friend off for her further studies in Austraila. I can't imagine that I was that lucky, because when I reached the departure hall, I found her check-in row in front of me. This friend of mine, Grace, known her for 5 years can be a bit muddle-headed sometimes. Her mum was telling me that she is so afraid that she may lose her luggage when she is at Perth airport. I advised her on some do & don'ts when travelling overseas. We hanged aroung at Burger King for a while, before checking her in at 12.15am. She was so blur again when she was checking in that her handphone nearly dropped. More drama was to follow, as she didn't see the trolley to put her luggage as she checked in. Her friend, Joycelyn had to call her to tell her where the trolley was. I just hope she has a safe journey and enjoyable year studying her degree there. She was saying she may come back with 2 people!! Given her sense of humour, I knew what she meant, & laughed.

Would like to thank her other online friend, Edmund, for offering to see me home after that. It was about 12.35am when we left the airport. If I were to take a cab, I think it would cost at least $30 to get home. Found out that he was from NP too & had a blogspot account as well. I told him my blog address, think should be expecting a new guest soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings