礼上往来

I have always bought things for my colleagues & bosses to munch on whenever I were to go on holiday. This is what I usually learn from my mum, " 礼上往来". I also believe in sharing the joy of my tour with my boss & colleagues, although colleagues do bully me sometimes.

I am also a person who knows who are good to me. This Genting trip, I decided to get something for Q's boss as he had been buying me lunch every now & then. Although I am not directly under him, he knew about my trip so I felt that I should show some appreciation.

What Q said really stunned me as I put the box of pineapple tarts on her boss' table. This was the excerpt of the conversation that we had.

Q: How much u spend on this Nike jacket?
Me: About S$50.
Q: You should have bought one for me too, instead of buying pineapple tarts for my boss, since he is so rich.
Me: How would I know u need the jacket, u didn't say anything. I believe in 礼上往来, & I am not the kind of person who accepts treats and keep quiet.

I mumbled that Q was very thick skinned before running to the toilet.

I believe what I did was right this round, but next round, if I were to go on holiday, I guess I will just keep slient, so I need not buy anything back & hear the rubbish spouted by anyone who say I am stingy or what have u?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings