Weekend Being a Volunteer E-filer

Despite my flu & sore throat, I went to help people to e-file their tax returns at Contact 123 IT Centre at Serangoon North. This year, I had a partner with me. My brother has also joined in the excercise after my mum persuaded him to join me to learn more things from me.

Business was brisk for Saturday but not today. I wonder why. Could it be due to the downpour at about 3.30pm? Or is it Singaporean's style to leave everything to the last minute? In serving these people, I find that they usually have these common problems.

  1. They do not have IRAS PIN or Singpass to e-file their tax return. They are not aware that the items can be obtained at IRAS & CPF websites.
  2. They do not know that those who received $22,000 or less income in the year 2005 need not file their tax returns.
  3. Some people do not know the differences between Form P (Form for Partnership Returns) & Form B or Form B1( Indivdual Tax Returns)
  4. Some people do not get their Form IR8A ready. This form is issued by the employer of the person's company if the person is working in the firm in the year 2005. Without this, a salaried worker cannot file his tax return.

Just some points to those people who have not filed their tax returns.

  • Deadline for paper forms - 15 April 2006.
  • Deadline for electronic filing - 18 April 2006
  • Please get the necessary documents :- IRAS PIN/Singpass, Children's birth certificates, Parents' NRIC No. (if claiming for Grandparents Caregiver or Parents' Relief).

This way, you can make e-filing a breeze.

If you need further assistance, please visit us at the e-clubs on weekends till 16 April 2006.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings