Choice for Brother's Laptop



These are the two choices for my brother's laptop for his further education @ Ngee Ann Polytechnic.

The one on the left, is the Samsung Q30, which is available at Courts @ $2,300.

The second one, the IBM Thinkpad T43 is available at Sim Lim Square @ $2,699.

The specs are quite similar except that the IBM T43 is faster at 1.86GHz and I think there is a free upgrade to 1GB of RAM. IBM is also a recognised brand in the laptop market, although it has been taken over by Leveno recently and its drawback is the price & the weight. Its at 2.2kg. The good is

As for Samsung, the quality of its products is without doubt, but it is relatively new in the notebook market, but it is light at 1.1kg & the screen is good, as Samsung hails from the making of tv sets.

Actually, I was pondering how to finance the notebook as initially my parents were not willing to help out to finance the purchase. I am running on a low budget this month, as had to pay for my brother's fees, as my parents having cash crunch recently. Fortunately, mum changed her mind and said that she will finance the whole deal on a cash & carry basis for the IBM model, the model that impressed my brother & me. Although it came as a shock to me, I am still wondering how she is going to finance the deal.

Was at the e-filing for income tax centre today, had a mini scare when a taxi driver whom I assisted came back and said that I e-filed the wrong figure for him. After clarification, he was apologetic, as I explained to him how I arrived at my computation of the adjusted profit figure. The fellow volunteers were surprised by my patience in explaination. I told them that when I do things I want everything to be done nicely & properly, to save all the trouble later.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings