Banana Is A Cure for Cancer?

I heard from my colleague, Q that bananas actually is a fruit that prevents cancer. I have my doubts in that, as I feel that the fruit itself is sweet & high in sugar content. Therefore, how can it be a cancer preventing agent? She also said that the calories for one banana is about half a bowl of rice.

I asked her which radio program did she get those info from? She said that she got the info from Dongfang Billy, the Taiwanese Love 972FM DJ. I think this guy is talking rubbish. This could be the reason why he gotten cancer the last round. I think if he carries on spouting this kind of info over the airwaves, I think Mediacorp should take him off the airwaves, for fear that his info brings more harm than good to people.

My crazy colleague is still listening to the rubbish advice, getting a bunch of bananas everday after lunch to share with us. Oh my god, hope she wakes up before she gets fatter & diabetic.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey, do your research before condemning bananas lah.. what rubbish advice??

http://www.banana.com/nutrition.html

In summary,
"Putting all of the nutritional figures together clearly shows the banana is among the healthiest of fruits."
Anonymous said…
part 2... medicinal uses of bananas...

http://www.banana.com/medicinal.html
Dalicia said…
ohh the monkeys don't get cancer!

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings