Boss Gives Thumbs Down To The New IRAS System

I was glad that the IRAS "My Tax Portal" system was up and running yesterday. I tried to efile one of the ECI for my clients. Although it was slow and some of the process redundant (that's what I feel, perhaps the NCS personnel who developed the software may want to look into this), it was alright to me.

However, my boss feels that the need to go and approve the ECI after I have e-filed is a stupid double step. I think IRAS has their reasons for doing this. He was so fed up with the slowness of the system and the process that he asked me to efile all my clients' ECI using the paper forms from immediate effect. This means additional work for me without pay increment. All my effort which I have taken to co-operate with IRAS to ensure that our client lists were in order were down the drain, thanks to my boss.

As he is the boss, I guess I just have to follow his instructions, but I know for sure is that IRAS may start to ban paper forms in order to encourage people to e-file.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings