The Demerits of A Shotgun Marriage

Sometime back, I wrote about a net friend of mine being pregrant suddenly. She just married to the baby's dad last month. However, since then, problems have cropped up, and she is comptemplating to annul the marriage.

I advised her to think about the consequences like:-

  1. How she was going to support the baby if she was going to divorce him?
  2. Does she mind the stares from people that she is a single parent?

From what I hear from her about her husband, it seems like her husband is still behaves like a swinging bachelor, asking for gals' phone number right in front of her. He could tell the gal that he is single. I think this guy is only marrying my friend out of responsibility & not love. If that's the case, why did he want to “先上车后补票" . As I asked my friend, did he even call or sms to ask if she had her meals? She said "no". I guess these are some of the issues that caused her to think about annulment.

I hope the guy can show more concern to my friend & try to save the marriage. Maybe it is good for them to sit down and thrash out the differences or attend marriage consuelling.

Comments

Dalicia said…
yeah what kind of guy he is! gees!
well, this divorce thing is hard. can she afford to support her child alone?
Paul said…
Elaine:That's the question I posed to her as well. It was not a convincing answer from her.
Paul said…
From the viewpoint, I pity my friend, but both parties have fault also. If they have been more careful, the accident would not have happened.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings