Heated Argument

Just had a heated argument with mum over my study methods for my 3 papers. She is asking me to try out the method that my friend & cousin prescribed, which was to study from the exam questions and practise doing them straightaway, without going through the theory or how the answer is derived.

I was thinking with my heart and mind about how this could work. Certainly not for a tax paper as there are laws & statutes involved and there are certain formats which needs to be followed. I also felt that theory papers need substance, as a result, the notes is a required ingredient to sucess.

For the tax paper, I am only worried about these topics which I don't get to do it in my daily work. They are:-
  1. Inward & Outward Investments
  2. GST
  3. Settlements, Trust & Estate Duty
  4. Area Rep, & Non-Ordinarily Resident

She was also complaining that I was not spending enough time on my books tonight. I was thinking, I was only back close to 8pm from work & there she is complaining that a half an hour read through of the notes is not enough. I told her , "What more she wants from me" in Mandarin, as she was the one who felt that I should work to support the family & study at the same time.

What should I do? I may just break down anytime.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings