How to Strike A Comfortable Balance?

Before heading off to bed last night, mum was trying to brainwash me not to spend too much time on the Net, and study more. She was comparing my results with those of my friends & my cousin. I just feel that different people have different absorportion power, different methods of studying and different family circumstances.

She was still complaining that why I did not start during my NS time, this ACCA course that I was taking. I told her my officers did not allow me to have time off to be released from camp early. I shan't go into history here, as it will make my blood boil as well.

My current job started off well for the 1st year. I must say it was the honeymoon period, but not everyday was rosy but it was manageable. Coming into the 3rd year now, it seems like colleagues and bosses try to find faults, create problems for me. The fact that it is getting more & more obivious and unbearable by the day. I can't say anything much as I am the youngest there and I am not the boss.

Mum, if you think you can handle my post with the "peanuts" pay that hasn't increased for the past year or so, with all the tax matters of 260 clients, filing of documents, computer administration work to be handled by one person only, which is yours truly, you think you can leave on the dot everyday? I am not the boss, I can't come & go as I please. If there are deadlines to be met, I must by hook or by crook get it done. You are welcome to try my job while I go on full time study.

As you have requested and also on my part, knowing that both dad & u will be retiring in a few years time, I have to work together with u all to keep the household & brother's poly education going. I do not even dare to ask if I can go on full time study. I am also a person who wants to put work exprience to my books wherever possible.

If you wish to pull the plug on the sponsorship of my study, should I fail, I will stop as well. As I know my "peanuts" pay is not enough to support my family & the study.

If you think that I have enjoyed failing my ACCA papers, please get this striaght. I do not enjoy failing the papers. How I wish I had been as good as my first 2 papers and clear the papers like Richard & Jolene, perfect record for Level 2? I really could not sleep when I discovered that I failed my last round.

Before you drive me nuts, I think I may just raise the white flag before I even start preparing for my battle.

I would like to express my thanks to the following people who are supporting me. Thanks very much.I really appreciate it.

  1. Richard
  2. Rebecca
  3. Wendy
  4. Darling - Thanks for listening to my troubles this morning. :)
  5. Jason
  6. Yishan
  7. Caifeng
  8. Yvonne
  9. Stella - All the best for your papers as well.
  10. Elaine

Comments

Richie said…
No problem. Just relax and do some meditation?? Taking deep breath would help sometimes to loosen up.
Anonymous said…
The more she's worried about you, the more she tends to nag. That's a natural response from a mother. Do try to empathise with her. At the same time, since you know her nagging is not going to improve things, let her know your situation, then just ignore should she still choose to nag like that.

Life's too short to be thinking of pleasing everyone, yet it's too long to be spent listening to people nag when nothing concrete can be done.... (T_T)
Paul said…
Rich: Good idea, become Buddha & gain nirvana.

Wendy & Rebecca: Thanks for the advice.
Dalicia said…
Actually this comparison thing with other ppl is not going to stop.

I think maybe my parents regret having kids! :P
Dalicia said…
good luck with your papers..you study your own way....what you think is best.
Paul said…
Ya I got to agree on that, Elaine.
Comparison can't be helped or stopped.

Thanks for the advice.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings