Have You Heard Of Wedding Gift Being Given Twice?

I was stunned when my mum said she was going to give my cousin, J a red packet for the wedding and asked me not to give another wedding gift to her.

I was not stunned by her words, "giving red packet", but the second part, " me getting another wedding gift for her." I just wonder what she is thinking sometimes. Doesn't she know that a wedding gift or red packet can be given only once? It is considered not right to give twice for a wedding.

Is she trying to hint something that has not even fallen into place for me? I wonder?

Comments

Dalicia said…
never enough gifts! hahaha

my cousin recently got married but didn't invite any of the family members. but he asked for $1,000 SG per family...huh what a sucker. he tells me this..i'll tell him to go and die.
strawbearries said…
Pls tell your mum that we did not request any presents from anyone in the first place. Somemore our ideal plan is not to have a chinese customary at all. Its all for the relatives' sake that we are going through all these and we dont like it. If she is unhappy, she save on her red packets. We dont need it.
Paul said…
Jolene: Ya, that was what I told her. She is getting my nerves recently.

Elaine: My family members are all like that. Thats the reason why there will be no family members for my wedding dinner if there is gg to be 1 in the 1st place.

I rather save the money for the honeymoon. Since my house is big enough, unless my parents want to sell it.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings