IRAS Award Ceremony


I nearly was late for the ceremony today as I was too tired last night after ending work late & I slept late.

Took a cab to IRAS to receive the award , " Outstanding Volunteer Award". The E-Club Manager who nominated me did not attend the ceremony. I hope he is doing fine.

I managed to see my Ngee Ann Polytechnic Tax Lecturer, Ms Cindy Yuen. I was quite surprised that she was still able to recognise me after 6 years. She was pleased that I got the award, and we took some photos and did some catch up. Got to know that Richard & my first year mentor, Mrs Linda Seah has been promoted to be the Academic Manager of the School of Business & Accountancy and Mrs Tiew Hui Leng has given birth to another baby.

Ms Yuen wanted me to share my expriences as a tax assistant at the school with the students and my feelings about getting this "Outstanding Volunteer Award" so that she can put it up in the ACC Magazine or BA website. I have e-mailed to her that I will be able to do so and done a short write-up via e-mail. For the sharing of expriences, she said she needed to discuss with the department before she can get back to me.

This is what I wrote:-

Hi, Ms Yuen,

It was nice meeting you again at IRAS today since I graduated 6 years ago.

As requested, here is a short write up about how I feel about participating in the VES Programme and winning the Outstanding Award for my contributions this year.

I began participating in the VES Programme in 2005, as I hope to use the knowledge that I have obtained from my current job as a tax assistant at an local audit firm, and what I have learnt in the Accountancy course in Ngee Ann Polytechnic to help people to understand the ease of e-filing their income taxes through the system.

Secondly, I feel that I should be thankful to the people around me who have kept faith in me, despite my disability. Therefore, I decided that this VES programme was an opportunity for me to do something for the community.

Lastly, I enjoy interacting & communicating with people.

This award was the last thing that came to my mind, as I feel that I just did my part for the community as I am also a part of the community.


Hope that this sounds okay......:)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings