Big Prison Cell- Suntec City




Can you imagine that Suntec City was transformed to something like a "big prison cell" because of the upcoming IMF/ World Bank Meetings?

Had to get in there after work to get some necessities. I was impressed by the work of our Police Force, Cisco Guards & Army Unit for being able to put up the high steel barricades , just to ensure that the delegates had a smooth meeting.

Although the road closure meant traffic congestion around my office area, as all the traffic are diverted there, and a little inconvience may come up, due to the security cameras installed on the public buses plying in the area, security checks, I treat the extra distance that I need to walk from the temporary bus stop to my office an extra few minutes of excercise. A few extra minutes of walking will be better than stuck in the traffic jam for half an hour at the alternative route. That was what I had to endure when I came home from Suntec City today.

Like what was being reported in the news today, I was pleasantly surprised that traffic was unusually smooth at Nicoll Highway today. Looks like I made the right choice to take Service 70 instead of Service 100 or 107.

In case for people who did not know, the road closure will apply till 20 Sep 2006. For more information, please visit http://www.lta.gov.sg for more information.

I m proud to say that I am a Singaporean & wish for the success of the meeting.

Smile Singapore 2006

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings