Jolene & Mr Foon's Wedding



This was the 3rd wedding that I attended for this month. I am very happy for the bride and groom, when they decided to get hitched after a short courtship.

I was awaken by my mum at about 9am, who thought that the tea ceremony was to start at about 10.30am. When we reached my uncle's house, Jolene's mum was very shocked to see us as we were super early. Her mum served us a breakfast of choclate cake & red date tea. After the breakfast, I decided to chat with Jolene's younger sister, who is 12 years younger than me, on how she felt having the whole room by herself. I can sense that she was very happy for her eldest sister.

At about 11.30am, the relatives started to pour in. I can see all the smiles on the faces. I guess they are happy for the couple too.

The bride & groom finally arrived at 1pm. The tea ceremony proceeded shortly after. It started off with my paternal grandma's side of relatives and ended with my mum, as my dad decided that he was too tired to attend the ceremony and went home to sleep. I could sense that my aunts were not happy about it, but they are not that caring and concerned about my dad, so I just ignored their persistent questioning about my dad's disappearance.

In the evening, we took a cab down to Teochew City Resturant, the venue of the dinner. My brother and I were seated at different tables from our parents as my uncle requested my parents to sit with him at the red table. It was interesting to see my 2 uncles and my dad sitting together, like what my 2nd aunt commented, the 3 of them seldom met up and speak more than 10 sentences.

The dinner was a standard 10 course dinner with the famous Teochew desert Or Ni as the last dish. The food was alright, except that the resturant service could be better. I ate a lot last nite as my table was only filled with 7 people. The proud cousin and her husband skipped the dinner to go on a holiday trip and my 2nd aunt's daughter and husband were busy working. It was a quiet dinner as I need not hear people boasting about their achievements.

The slideshow is my special gift for the couple. Hope that Mr & Mrs Foon enjoys it.

Comments

Dalicia said…
looks like everything went smoothly. congrats to them!

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings