Movie Review - The Prestige

From acclaimed filmmaker Christopher Nolan ("Memento," "Batman Begins"), comes a mysterious story of two magicians whose intense rivalry leads them on a life-long battle for supremacy full of obsession, deceit and jealousy with dangerous and deadly consequences. From the time that they first met as young magicians on the rise, Robert Angier (HUGH JACKMAN) and Alfred Borden (CHRISTIAN BALE) were competitors. However, their friendly competition evolves into a bitter rivalry making them fierce enemies-for-life and consequently jeopardizing the lives of everyone around them.

I went to watch this movie with Jason at Bishan Junction 8 but not before I went to the Olympus Service Centre @ High Street Centre at the request of my mum, to see if my old digital camera, the Olympus IR300 can be repaired at without service charge or low cost. I knew that she wanted to give the camera to my that group of cousins that spolit the camera and she told me that she wanted to give me $150 as reimbursement for the new camera. WTF. The old camera I spent about $500 to get it 6 months ago, and now I have to send it for repair and buy a new one just because someone was too urgent to see the pics and can't find the pics & spoiled the slider of the camera. The camera will be sitting for at least 5 working days as the slider is part of the back portion of the camera & it is not confirmed if the internal organs are affected. If it is, the cost of the repair is more than $30 as quoted. Just a while ago, before she went to bed, she would use the camera as a spare. But I think I will bring to cash converter and sell the camera to recover my partial cost. Which is a better idea? Please advise.

I called Jason after the service centre trip. At J8, we had the Sakae Sushi buffet, which was very filling for us that we had to cancel a portion of our serving of fruits.

Now the movie review :-

Robert & Alfred are 2 magicians who are always fighting with each other, about how to dicipher each other's tricks and make the tricks fail? Innocent lives were lost and virgous plotting against one another led to both parties being hurt.

Although the story flips back to the past every now and then, I feel that it shows the reality of life nowadays. This show is like office politics being moved to the big screen and how are the nasty ways to handle them.

Overall the movie is riveting and captures your attention, cause you wish to know what happens next. I will give the movie 4 out of 5 rating.

After that, it was our usual Coffee Bean session, which we had before calling it a nite at 9.30pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings