Visit To SGH

Picture courtesy of Noel Gifts


I was supposed to have met up with my 2 sisters today but I got an sms message from Sis Elaine that her dad was admitted to SGH for a servere bout of food poisoning when I switched on my hp. Intitally she suggested postponing the appointment to the evening , but I guess her dad was in serious condition, so she cancelled the appointment. At first, she felt bad about not being able to meet us, but I told her, her dad's food poisoning was a case of unexpected circumstance, as a result, I can understand the cancellation. I hereby wish her dad to get well soon.

I was at SGH later to visit my grandma though as I could not find time to visit her yesterday, after my dad asked my brother & I to go to the CC to listen to a karaoke singing competition last nite.

(It was boring and the singing standards of the singers was not even on par with those who sang at the competition that my dad participated last week. Furthermore, my dad was barred from entering the competition last nite as he won the competition in 2004. The rules stated that the winners of the past three years are not eligible for participation, but must buy tickets to show support. I wonder what logic was that? We were further embarassed by the fact that we were unaware that the MP for the area, Mrs Lim Hwee Hua was in attendance as my brother went there in T-shirts & shorts. We made a discreet exit through the back door of the theatrette when she left soon after)

My grandma is also warded for food poisioning. I heard from her that besides her, my 3rd, 4th and 5th aunt also had similar symptoms after their dinner on Thursday. I wonder why didn't my 2 young cousins (5th aunt's children) got it as well? Fortunately, only my grandma was warded as she was found to have low sugar level in her blood. It was so low that she was scolding my 4th aunt. My mum, who spoke to the doctor yesterday, said that it was common for people with low sugar in blood to "be seeing,doing or saying the wrong things".

She looks ok to me when I visited her today. She is still very alert and aware of the things and events that are happening around her despite her 82 years of age. I just hope she will be able to be home soon.

***Prays Hard****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings