The Story of the Funny Boss & Used Office Phone

My office phone extension had been down since Wednesday, after it seems like I could not press the 4, 5 & 6 buttons on my phone in that afternoon. I told boss about it. He really took his time to change the phone and he went to get another used set from the telephone supplier, which I think is his close friend.

The phone finally arrived on Thursday, but there was a catch. I could not call out to external parties. This meant that I had to run to the computer room or the reception desk if I had to make calls to external calls to IRAS or clients. It didn't help that my hp was in limited service mode for the two days but I am glad that it went limited service, as I finally got to know how my boss values me. as his staff. Please see the next paragraph and you guys will know what I meant.

After my boss called for techinical assistance, the techincial staff took his own sweet time despite I told him that it was impossible for me to get certain tasks done. The techincial staff finally came on Friday afternoon. It took him quite a while to discover that the phone was locked by a code. He said that there could be two possibilities.

  1. An unused extension, which was hidden under the audit dept's PC table, which was next to me may have caused the accidental crossing of extension, causing the line to be locked. This was what I strongly agree as I didn't know there was a hidden extension under that table, causing the interference.
  2. Someone may have pressed the code and locked the phone. To think that my boss believed this analogy and told me that if I locked the phone again, he will deduct the service fee from my pay. In my 2.5 years working there, I didn't even know there was a way to lock the phone as the phone to me was for answering & calling out only. I am saddened & disappointed by the remark he made. Even if I have locked the phone, it should have been accidental, since I didn't know of anything.

I think I have made the right choice to start my job hunting again. I am currently sending out a few, and awaiting an answer to an interview that I went, as the firn is undergoing restructuring and the interviewer said she will let me know when the process is complete. I hope to get this job though as it allows me to have a greater exposure to the knowledge that I have and the benefits will be about the same as to what I have now. Besides that, it will be a promotion to me & it is more accessible for me, since it is only a direct bus ride from my place. It will translate into cost savings and a better renumeration package.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings