Boss Acts Again!!!

I had received a surprise call from office during my exam leave period. The receptionist called me and asked if the office cleaner had been borrowing money from me. She said that my boss was going to take action on her. I knew what was wrong but I just kept quiet since I was not in the offfice for that period of time, therefore I can't be assuming what was going on in office.

Finally got back to office on Thursday. I asked the receptionist what happened. True to my prediction, the cleaner's fate was sealed because of these factors:-

  1. She had tried to borrow money from the receptionist. Instead of lending her the money, the receptionist went to tell my boss that the cleaner had tried to borrow money from her. The cleaner lives in a one-room flat at Beach Rd, with a stroke-stricken husband and a young teenage child that studies in poly. I feel that my colleagues and bosses don't have the heart of gold, or should I say not understanding enough. You guys think that the auntie likes to borrow money from us? She needs time to care for her husband, therefore she can't look for a full-time job. And my boss is paying her quite little (according to my mum, her office cleaner gets paid about 3 times more than her and just for a two day job per week). Because of this, when she borrows money from me, I will just lend it to her if I have the enough cash in my wallet. My other colleagues, S & W were even better. They just ask her to take the money and need not return it. If I had earned the same level of income, I would do the same too. 所谓,助人为快乐之本.
  2. She had called up on Tue, saying that she can't come as she needed to accompany her hubby for check up. I felt that it was a valid reason, but it seems that my bosses didn't buy that as she had made excuses like "Because of the heavy rain, I am not coming." before several times.

When I look back, how I wish if I were around, she won't have to ask money from the receptionist, because if she borrowed money from me, I won't be the broadcaster to broadcast the event to my boss. I won't be so heartless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings