Eventful Saturday





Although I worked till 9pm on Friday night, thanks to my boss late return from the seminar and his wife’s delay that I have blogged about in my last post, I woke up at about 9am yesterday to make my way to Starhub Centre FTC Campus to register for my new ACCA class. Paper 3.3: Performance Management with Mr Saminathan. The class will be starting on coming Thursday evening. Hope I can continue to preserve on despite my mum’s misgivings that I haven’t been working hard enough. I have told her that I have to take one paper this round as my work is really killing me. She said it was just an excuse, so again we had a big quarrel over it the issue again. I can’t imagine that my mum can actually think that I was going to fail my Financial Management Paper, when the result is not even out yet. I feel so sad about it.

I was greeted the newly renovated McDonald’s Resturant and a new BreadTalk Branch at Centrepoint. The McDonald’s Resturant has been converted to a McCafe. The Ronald McDonald sitting outside the restaurant is gone. There is a new wing of shops at Centrepoint too which I didn’t have time to explore as it was super crowded and I wanted to finish off my registration and head home.

When I reached the school, another refreshing change greeted me as I saw the campus is newly renovated. The school has renamed itself Kaplan City Campus and besides ACCA, CAT & CFA courses, it is shifting its APMI courses to Starhub Centre as well. To cater to this addition, the school took over the 2nd storey which was actually the food court and IBMEC school on Level 3. However sad to say, the service standard of the service staff has dropped. The staff who served me was so rude. I think something has to be done about it.

After that, I decided to take a bus home as I noticed the crowd at the MRT station was bad. The thought of going home vanished after I boarded Service 111 driven by my friend. He asked me to join him at Ghim Moh Terminal (the service terminates there), where he treated me to lunch.

After that I took the service back to Orchard again and boarded 147 home. Just as I was alighting from the bus, I didn’t notice that my handphone came out of my pocket. It stayed on the bus. I managed to board the next 147 bus to Hougang Central Interchange. Thankfully, the phone was handed to the route manager of the interchange. I thanked the driver who picked up the phone and the one who helped me to catch up with him. 2 of my bus driver friends were there and they said I was lucky as someone could have just walked away with the phone.

After the close encounter of nearly losing the phone, I headed home to prepare for my event for the night. It was my colleague, Janice’s baby boy, Adrian full month celebration. I took a bus to Pasir Ris before taking a cab into Costa Sands Resort. I must say the baby is cute. I must say that her family members were rather friendly. Sadly, there were only 4 colleagues (including myself) who were there to share her joy. I left at about 10.30pm after having the sumptuous food and nice chat.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings