Kinship & Friendship

It has been a while since Iast chatted with my mum. Finally I had the chance to do so yesterday.

She updated me about what happened when she visited Jason the other nite. I haven't been visiting him for the past week, as I was tied down by my work and exam. From what I gathered from her, Jason's throat is still quite bad and his mum told my mum that he actually coughed out blood a few days ago. I just hope it does not get worse than this.

We also touched on the issue of kinship. I could sense that she is still bitter about the strain of her relationship with her first younger brother, who is my 大舅, as he always feels that my mum is very well to do & not helping him out when his family is in need. I just told her, his family can't always depend on us. Who asked him to have 5 children, when he knows that he is the sole breadwinner of the family? He knows that his little formal education was not going to help him in his job.

I told my mum that out of all my relatives that I have, the most helpful one must be her second younger brother, my 二舅. Too bad, he is no longer with us. His attitude is selfless & think about others first, before thinking about himself.

This goes to show that some people really need a serious jolt in their head before they wake up from their self imposed slumber.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings