Look Back at 2006 & Moving Foward To 2007


Free Countdown Clocks at WishAFriend.com


2006 has been a not so good year for me, but I am glad that I managed to pull it through. I hope that 2007 will be a better year for me.

2006 has been a year about:-

Friends

Although I had a misunderstanding with a friend, and I think I may have lost the friendship, but I am glad that I have known more people.

Elaine mei mei
Wendy mei mei
Eriko
Audrey
Bonnie

Jimmy
Lorraine
Flonz
Shionge
Perfectwound

Caifeng getting married in October. I am so happy for her that she has found her Mr Right.

Alexandra getting married and the birth of her baby. I just hope that she is able to solve the problems that she is now having.

Jason admitted to hospital due to pneumonia. I just hope that he can recover soon and we will be able to do what we usually do together.


Work

Although there was the anticipated pay increment, it came 3 months late. The workload was rather bad due to IRAS implantation of the “My Tax Portal”. A lot of time was wasted on the admin work which I thought should be done by them. Is this the Government’s way of saving cost?

For the first time in my stay here in the firm, I actually didn’t manage to complete all my tax computations on time, thanks to the wishy-washy attitude and mixed signals from my bosses. I also got to see the selfishness of my colleagues, especially those in the audit dept.

I also got a taste of my boss “cat” attitude. Trying to save money on things that are essential factors to make the company to work. I had to wait for a week to get my new CPU. The CPU parts were not really new either as some workable old parts were not replaced. I am currently waiting for my new monitor. I am so tired of waiting!

Home

My brother entered poly on a high score and joined the poly choir. I am glad that he is doing so much better than me.

My mum managed to find a new job at her ex colleague’s firm. She is still worried about my and my brother’s future prospects though.

My dad is happily working in his job
My Study

I took a half year break to clear my work after taking 3 papers in the Jun sitting. I am pleased that I cleared 2 out of 3 of them, but mum was not. She kept saying that I didn’t work hard fot my Financial Management Paper. My boss admits that it is a tough paper too and she admires my courage for not giving up despite trying so many times.

Personal Achievement

I was nominated for the Outstanding Volunteer Award by Serangoon E Club for my services rendered at the e-filing of income tax exercise. Sadly though, the manager who nominated me has passed away. I think I will not be able to thank him enough.


2007 Hopes and Aspirations

Work

I am hoping for a new challenge to take my work experience into a new direction.

Family

I hope that my family members can stay healthy and be more understanding.

Study

I hope to be able to start on my 3 final core papers in the coming year. Even though I have set a target to achieve my ACCA by 30 years old, I hope to get it earlier.

Personal

Hope to gain more weight. I am grossly underweight!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings