Go Lions Go!!!

I haven't been following the Singapore National Soccer Team since its pullout from the Malaysia Cup in 1994. I have been surprised by the last Tiger Cup triumph against Indonesia in 2005. This prompted me to support the Lions once again.

I knocked off at 6.30pm today. As my bus was travelling along Nicoll Highway, I noticed the droves of Singapore fans crossing the overhead bridge, walking to the stadium. As I had not wanted to be caught in a massive jam, I decided against buying tickets to support them, preferring to catch the live telecast of the match on Ch 5 instead.

The match did not really live up to expectations, although I must say Singapore played well but Thailand really lacked the sportsmanship. Singapore was awarded a penalty with 8 mins to go. The Thai team decided to stage a walkout by protesting against the penalty. From TV view, it seems that the refree was right with his decision. The standoff caused the match to be held up for more than 10 mins.

If I were the match commissioner, I will have called off the match, and sent some of the Thai players off. At the same time, I may just award Singapore the title.

I must salute the Lions for keeping their cool. Kudos to the coach too, Raddy. Your match tactics are good. I just hope u can do well in Bangkok on Sunday.

Go Lions Go!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings