CNY 2007 - Day 1 & 2


This Year of The Pig, I was still being bomarded by my 阿姨s and my dad's 舅母about me not having a girlfriend. Mum decided to join in the bomardment as well, saying she craves for a daughter in-law. Oh my goodness, I have anticipated that to happen. My brother said that I made the correct move by not breathing out a word that I am chasing somebody, otherwise I would be in deep trouble.

Talking about her, I decided to call her today just to wish her a "Happy New Year" after she failed to respond to my smses. I didn't want to contact her the past few days as she did mention that she was going to be very busy. She managed to answer the call, and wished me a "Happy New Year" as well. We chatted for a while as she said she was on her way to house visiting. I asked her if she got the gift I gave her, without asking her for an answer. I got a postive answer from her. She was to congrat me via sms for passing my Financial Management paper. She also wished me to have a happy & enjoyable new year as well.

This year, my cousins decided to take photos at my house when they visited my place on the 1st day of CNY. They always pay a visit to my house on the 1st day as my mum is their 大姐(eldest sister). However, the visit will usually be in the evening, as we need to pay a visit to my 祖母(paternal grandma) in the early part of the day. This year, I was able to give my granny more in her red packet. Although some people feel that I should not have give to her, but I feel that as I am working, I should be happy that I am able to give her, since she does not have many years left and she has been in ill health recently.

There are some dishes/ foodstuff that I always look forward when I am at some of relatives places.

祖母- 咸菜鸭汤

二姨 - 肉骨茶,虾面汤( I will have it tomorrow at her grandson's lunar birthday!!!)

My dad's 三舅-杏仁豆腐

三姨- 火锅.

I think I really need to excercise after all the eating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings