Does it pay to be helpful?

I was having breakfast in the morning when mum started to complain about one of her friends' son who is very ill in hospital now.

Mum was saying that her friend is not from a well-off family, as a result, she gives a fixed sum of money to her friend every month to allow her friend to get her son to get treatment from a Chinese physician. Apparently, I think the friend has not done so. Mum was fustrated and angry and the friend kept mentioning about money

I told my mum that maybe the son is not suitable for Chinese physician treatment for the moment. If she feels that the friend is not using the money in the way that she thinks she should be using, she should stop giving money to this friend, and also ask her friends to stop giving as well.

For me, I just feel that the money is given to the person, its up to the person to decide how she wants to use it. There is a limit to what we as friends can do and help. Its her son life that's at stake, if the friend wants to take up the "don't care" attitude, we can't do anything.

做人要看开一点,不是每个人都能明白朋友或亲戚的处境,家家都有本难念的经.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings