Busy Volunteer Day

I went to the Contact 123 IT Centre very early today as I was expecting an influx of last minute e-filers waiting to e-file their income taxes, therefore I was setting up the other printer to cope with the high volume. I would like to thank Chow Ming & Hwee Jiang for their assistance as well. The air con was working well finally, & the printer was up already.

Today, we had a busy day with about 10 people doing their income tax filing, especially for the first half of the excercise, where 7 people turned up together. I was smart to call up another 2 volunteers to help out as I was only given 3 volunteers, including myself for the excercise for the last 4 sessions starting today.

I had a pleasant surprise too as my client came to look for me at the centre to ask me to help me to help him to file his personal income tax return for him. I have told him during my conversation with him at office that if he needed help for his personal tax return, he should come and look for me at the e-club. I really didn't expect him to be there today and he requested that I do for him his income tax return. In the end, I was asked to do his wife's return as well.

As a token of appreciation, Mr Poon, the grassroots leader has taken up my suggestion to thank the volunteers' contribution for the excercise by inviting them to a dinner hosted by the e-club on 15 April, the last day of the excercise. I think I will also make my thank you speech that day during the dinner as well. I think without their co-operation, I would not have led the club so well within such short notice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings