Eventful Weekend

Saturday

My family went to NUS Cultural Centre to support my brother who was performing for Ngee Ann Poly Choir. It was his first public performance and my dad was particularly excited that his son was performing in public for the first time that he kept telling his singing troupe friends, who were at the performance to look out for him.

To me, it was just another performance. I didn't enjoy the feeling of being rushed by my parents. I had a bad experience of being lost in NUS, so even if they rush me, I will still take a cab to get there. At least I didn't have to walk so much.

The performance was a collaboration of the Choir & NP Hi-Club. I must say it was a good performance from all of them. I was particularly impressed by the Hi-Club members' performance. They are made up of hearing impaired students, but they still managed to use sign language to play out the notes. How I wish I could have taken some photos, but photo-taking with flash was not allowed at the Cultural Centre, so there was no point taking, since the lighting was dark.

After the performance, we went for a late dinner at Clementi Interchange, before calling it a nite.

Sunday

I woke up super early today, as I had my class today. Actually, I was also awoken by the loud clasp of thunder too. I decided to take a cab to class as I hated the need to open my umbrella & still getting wet. I didn't want to be a cold turkey in my class as the lesson was important today.

After the class, I met up with my mum & brother to go for a Singapore Soka Association Youth Division Performance. I had not wanted to go, as I was really tired from my class, but I was forced to go by my mum. I told my mum to carry my heavy bag of thick notes.

My guess about the SSA performance was correct. Even though I am still a youngster, I felt that the youths dancing hip hop was too havoc for me to accept that I just slept through the whole event. I even slept through the part where a member was sharing how she accepted the religion as I have heard her story before. So u can imagine how tired I was or how boring was the dance for me.

After that, we went to visit my grandma. Apparently, the doctor has started dialysis treatment for her weak kidneys and giving her ventolin to cure her wheezing. We were surprised by her extreme high blood pressure today at 191 77. I just hope that she can recover soon, even though the doctor said that it will be a slow recovery, given her age. Luckily for her, the CT scan was a postive result and she is able to recognise me, which is a good sign.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings