Lecturer's Wrath

Yesterday was the usual lesson for my 3.3 class. I also managed to get my new Kaplan Student Card. This is the first time I heard that a part time student also need a student card to be able to use the school facilities. And the card cost $8. It is not worth it as I don't use the school facilities at all as usually after Mr Sami's class, I am usually very tired & will just want to be home to rest.

Just to add, I am disappointed with the school's admin dept. I had taken a digital photo in school last Thursday & they told me that the card will be ready by Monday. Since I only have class on Thursdays, I went to the office yesterday, only for the admin officer to tell me that the card can't be found & I have to retake my photo again. I wonder how are the cards arranged? Basic knowledge or should I say common sense should tell you that the cards should be arranged by aphabetical order. It was not until another officer managed to find my card, during my lecture break. Please buck up, FTC Kaplan Admin. If you want to try something new, for the benefit of the students and to prevent unauthorised people or "illegal immigrant" to attend classes without paying, you should have worked out a more detailed plan in order to make sure that the system was going to work.

Talking about "illegal immigrants", Mr Sami had spent about 10 mins of the lecture time to talk about it. In his speech, he said the cons about being a famous lecturer was that his class will always have "illegal immigrants" trying out his lessons. He said he don't need to be tried. He told us that he noticed some China students were selling his notes on E-bay. He was so angry that he called up and scolded the student. He wanted us to help him to catch these unethical people.

I can understand how Mr Sami feels as he said this. Can you imagine if someone used your lecture notes to sell & make money just by copying his notes? How can such a person be a CPA?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings