Who You Think U Are

I was at the e-club as usual today. I was angered by one of the e-filers, who was formerly one of the volunteers of the e-club. She called up at about 2 plus stating that she was coming to the club to do her tax return. I told her that the club was open & she was welcome to do her e-filing. (In my mind, I have already decided who I wanted to give the job to, as I have already done 1 e-filing in the early part. I also knew that she was here to create problems at the club.)

True to my words, this woman, L came at about 3pm. At first, she refused to register her name at the registration counter. I told her it was a must to register as IRAS needs to know who are the people who used the e-club's e-file service. I decided to give my best volunteer, Julia a try to do the job. I didn't expect Julia to run into problems when it came to her donations. My fellow volunteer, Eugene, tried to help, but L kept insisting me to help her. I had to make her wait as I was serving another person and the system was terribly slow today.

Then when I could help her, she said why I took so long to attend to her. I told her "Can't you see I was attending to someone just now?" After finishing for her, I told her to fill up the survey form on her e-file exprience. This was what she ticked and wrote in the form.

The volunteer is not very helpful & friendly
The volunteer is not patient
I feel that VES can be done better at this e-club, as I am a volunteer at the e-club.
This was the sentence that really made my blood boil. I told her that the volunteer is just a JC student and she had no prior exprience to this. She did try her best to serve you, like what she did for the others. I also told her that if not for me, the e-club will not be open today, let alone other days, as it was me who e-mailed to the MP for the area, Mrs Lim Hwee Hua to get the e-club open for the excercise. IRAS was not even aware that there was such a problem until week 2 of the excercise.
"I feel that VES can be done better at this e-club, as I am a volunteer at the e-club." Her name was not even on my list of volunteers this year. Even if she did come, she will be walking around, monitoring other people do their things, behaving like she was the e-club manager, when she is not. Why should I call her if I know she is such a person?
After doing the e-filing, she refused to leave the club and continued to hog the computer to surf the Internet at the e-club. I told her nicely that I needed the PC and printer for e-filing use. She refused to budge. I called Chow Ming to try and get her out, but to no avail as she commented that Linda's husband was also playing game, while waiting for her. I told Linda to leave first, so as not to create further trouble.
L continued to stay on till closing time. Eugene and I were too angry to say anything to her.
Why are there such people around?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings