Joke of The Year

I had not wanted to write about this because I was afraid that the person will be angry that I broadcast her blunder on blog. But she has since given me the permission to broadcast it. So here I go.

Peggy, my classmate for my 3.3 class had signed up for her exams in around April, like most of us. Since she had not passed her 2.6 paper, she had to sign up for the paper that she failed as well, although she plans to take only 3.3. But I wonder what she choose when she signed up for her exam. She chose the Paper 3.1 (SGP) instead of 3.3. It was not until she received her exam docket that she discovered the error.

She messaged me, Tammy & Elaine. Tammy & I tried to help by advising her to write to ACCA Singapore & ACCA UK to ask if it was possible to change the seating. But ACCA UK has refused to budge to change her seating. This meant that she has to take Paper 2.6, whether she likes it or not. To me, I just feel that it was a costly mistake for her. I just hope she can be more careful next time.

Was angry with one of my clients yesterday. He claimed that I refused to help him to appeal for waiver of tax penalty. This matter had occurred before I was on overseas leave. I told the client that in order to help him to process his appeal to IRAS, I needed some documents from him to get the penalty waived. I had documented my conversations with him. I have stressed to him at least 3 times on seperate occasions

Yesterday, he called me and told me that he did the whole thing by himself and managed to get the thing waived. He said that I sat on the matter and did nothing. I told him that I have told him before and several times that the documents were needed from him before I could process the appeal. Who the f*** he was to blame me for not doing, when he was the one who didn't send in the requested documents? No documents, how to do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings