Please Don't Ask So Many Questions

I was asked to join in a poly friends gathering last week on yesterday by the Aeroplane Flier. I had not wanted to join in the gathering as I had arranged a previous appointment with Stella for dinner as I wanted to pass her something that I brought back from HK for her. The gift was not choosen by me. It was choosen by my mum. But thinking that Caifeng & Peifen may want to distribute their wedding invitation cards, I just agreed, since it was quite a while since I saw Caifeng's hubby and Peifen as well.

Before Stella agreed to join the gathering, I took the opportunity to warn her that the Aeroplane Flier likes to ask a lot of probing & sensitive questions, so I told her that she can don't answer that AF if she find the question is too senstive or probing.

AF, her bf and the rest were all late by 1.5 hrs. It ended up with me & Stella waiting for them like statues at Long John Silvers @ Central Mall. There was nothing much in the mall. Stella & I toured around the place, hoping to see some gift ideas for Wendy, whose b-day is next month, but didn't see anything nice. Maybe like what pal R say, "She needs some love, u give her? "

Dinner was a Chinese resturant at Clarke Quay. It was ok, just that I felt uneasy when AF chose to sit beside Stella, as I felt that she was going to ask many questions, in which she did later. It was a bit probing & senstitive, so I guess I shall not post it here.

In fact, she questioned my choice of desert at Boat Quay Coffee Bean. It is a place where it was not crowded for an early Saturday evening, but it was a place that brought back my fun time with my NS pal, Jason. AF tried to cut in the conversation as Stella , Caifeng & Kelvin wanted to find out more about his current condition. The emotion was nearly too much for me to bear as the last time I went there with him, Wendy & Elaine, it was just a week later that he became like that. At least, Peifen & her hubby were attentive enough to listen to what I was saying.

I just don't know how to comment about AF. Just as I thought the worst is over, Stella was tired and decided to head home. AF asked why I didn't send her home? I was quite disturbed by the question as Stella is not my girlfriend. She is a just a friend. Although I knew the reason for her early departure last night, but I guess I am not going to write it here.

At about 12 midnight, I requested to leave as I had lessons today. Kelvin was kind enough to drive me home. I guess I will not be joining any further gathering that has AF around anymore, even though there may be some people I am close with.

Mum was saying that maybe AF is just concerned for me. Mum also felt that maybe I should pursue the friendship further. I tried telling my mum that it was not very likely as Stella has already told me before. I told her AF is just a nosey parker, that liked to ask a lot of questions. But one interesting thing is, she didn't ask me about my Outstanding Volunteer Award. Maybe like what Von said, she likes to find out about other people's relationship. Because of this stupid thing that AF said, I had a very hard time explaining to my mum, but I guess she still does not know what I mean.

What should be done?



Comments

curryegg said…
Em...sometimes girls are quite 'busybody' (including me)... So, they might not realise their mistake. Anyway, talk less is better. It'll be less possibility in hurting people. Hope that AF will know it.
Cheer my friend...
Dalicia said…
sounds like another day :)
yeah, ppl are so KPO :P like it's really their big concern.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings