Why Are People So Rude Nowdays?


Three incidents have happened recently to make me wonder why people are so rude nowadays.
  1. I was travelling on a Wheelchair Accessible Bus (WAB) Service 76 on the other day to work. As it was the morning rush hours, the bus was very crowded. The bus captain saw a passenger, who was unable to board the bus, whipping out his pen to jot down the bus licence plate no. (SBS 7436) and trying to call SBS Transit hotline to complain after jotting down the bus number. The bus captain, Mr. Iswaran, was angry that he asked me to be his witness, should he receive any discplinary action from his company. I readily agreed and gave him my contanct no. Like what Darling said, the passenger wanted his face pasted on the WAB so that he can be the new ambassdor for the WAB bus, is it? How to expect the bus captain to open the door when the passengers are already standing so close to the door?
  2. I was travelling on this Service 107, a single deck bus (SBS 1899) yesterday. As the bus was approaching the ICA Building bus stop, there was another double decker bus, Service 133 in front of this bus. Since the bus was 2nd bus in queue, it is allowed by law that the bus captain must open the door to allow passenger to board and alight. There was this big sized gentleman, whom I think was not aware that the bus was already in the bus stop. Maybe the Service 133 was blocking his view.He just stood where the Service 133 was, and waited for the Service 107. The bus captain of Service 107 was moving off after completing the boarding and alighting. The man, used a paper to beat the glass of the door. When he boarded the bus, he refused to tap his ez-link card and shouted at the driver, "This is a bus stop, why you didn't stop? Next time you jolly well stop the bus in the bus stop. Because of his action, the bus was delayed at the bus stop by 10 mins. Did he know that he was the one whose laziness and selfishness cost 10 mins of every passenger's time?
  3. I had this client, who was slapped with a summon a few days ago. My boss had refused to release the accounts as she did not pay the bills that he owed for our services. She shouted at me, saying the following:-
  • Why is it that the accounts and tax computation are mot filed?
  • Why is it that you can't just submit after you finish?

before saying that we waste a lot of time.

I told her that her bills were not paid till yesterday, therefore the documents , we are not able to release. When I finish, I need my boss to review before I can submit. This is the company policy, which I am not in a position to change it.

I just hope these people can wake up from their dreams of being kings and queens in Singapore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings