Face To Face With Former Speaker of Parliament

I was back at office at about 10am today to clear my desk. It was not a surprise to see the pile of file on my desk. My boss and the audit manager was already there when I reached there.

Due to the business, I only realised that it was time for lunch at about 1.30pm. I decided to settle at the foodcourt since I had to go back to clear more stuff later. My boss was to join me for lunch a short while later. He started to ask me about my exam. whether it was finished. I replied him that it was over already yesterday. This goes to show a lot of care & concern from my bosses to their staff. Just last week, I was asked by lady boss about what my exam paper was all about, and why I chose the paper.

Over at the next table sat a big group of people. There was this Indian chap who greeted my boss by his name. Then he asked another person, who happened to know my boss too. Once that guy's face turned, I knew he was the former Speaker of Parliament, Mr Tan Su Khoon, as the Indian chap had greeted him as Su Khoon, do you know this guy (referring to my boss).

I just checked and confirmed with my boss if my guess was right, and it was confirmed by my boss. I didn't expect my boss to know MPs also. As I always tell myself, do not judge a book by its cover.

Comments

curryegg said…
Oh.. no...
Looks like I've missed a lot.. I was just a week away! Em... Your exam was over and I was late to greet. haha...
And you're right. Never judge a book by it's cover.. haha... Not even your boss!
;)
Paul said…
Ya, never judge a book by its cover. I know a Minister too. :) If u read my previous posts in March. U will know. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings