IRAS Volunteer Efile Appreciation Ceremony

















The day had arrived for me to collect my Outstanding Volunteer Award for the IRAS Volunteer E-filing session today. The award has a special meaning to me this year, as I didn't really expect to win the award, as I felt that I was only doing what I can despite the difficulties that I faced at the E-Club when doing my volunteer service this year.

At the same time, I was there to collect the Appreciation Award for the E-Club as well, as the RC vice-chairman, Mr Poon has nominated me to help them to collect the award for them.

I would to express my thanks to Ms Clara Ng, Ms Rena Soon & Cynthia of IRAS Corporate Communications Dept for making some special arrangements to my seat so as to make it easier for me to collect the awards. Rena was saying that she hopes to see me next year. Does it mean that I did a good job?


I noticed some changes at IRAS since my last visit last year. Now IRAS staff has to scan their employee pass through a MRT station-like ez-link card gantry to take a lift to take a lift to their office. As per Huiyu, she said it is because Revenue House units are rented to outside parties now, so certain senstitive info needs to be protected.

The Outstanding Volunteer Award underwent a major change as well. Last year, A glass plaque was given for our effort. This year, a file consisting of a certificate, an ez-link card & Cashcard worth $10 each were given. I feel that it is quite special.

At the request of Momo, Curryegg & Elaine mei, the photos for the Award Appreciation Ceremony. I know that it was not very well taken as my brother was sitting at the back of the hall and he shot it from there. I will scan the photo when I receive them from IRAS.
I also managed to manage to see my lecturer, Ms Cindy Yuen from Ngee Ann Polytechnic. This is the 3rd time I have seen her since I have graduated about 5 years ago. She asked me if I was still at the same firm as per what I told her last year. She was not surprised that I got the award again, but was surprised that I represented the e-club for the Appreciation Award as well.














Comments

Gingy said…
u wan go IRAS work? haaa.. sure they giv u v high pay!! =b
Paul said…
I did try b4. but the offer was not as what was expected. Haha.
curryegg said…
Congrate oh... happy to see your pictures..
^^
Shionge said…
Hey, congratulation Paul :D
Shirley said…
:) i am also one of the e-file volunteer for 06 & 07. I am yet to register myself for 08.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings