Since When I Have To Take Charge of So Many Babies?

Today was really a bad day in office.

I had a nasty scolding by my boss for not e-filing GST Returns for one of our clients. As most of you know that I am basically a tax assistant in charge of personal & corporate tax matters for 2 audit firms. An additional function of adminstrator was added on late last year, thanks to the launch of "My Tax Portal by IRAS. The b*** & J were asked to attend the course with me at that time. I thought my boss had wanted them to assist me in this new function. It ended up they didn't help me with anything. It became my new baby after my two babies (i.e. the two audit firms that I am working for, all the corporate & personal tax clients of the 2 firms come under my purview.)

E-filing of GST started in March this year. I was not given any instructions that I will be handling e-filing of GST by my bosses, so if my assumption did not serve me wrongly, e-filing of GST should continue to be an accounting function. Today, I wonder what got into my boss, when he asked me & my accounts colleague about why these clients' GST were not filed for the period ending March. As the adminstrator, I can only authorise my boss to approve and efile GST Returns as he did not give me the authority to authorise my colleague.

Why did boss scold me in the 1st place? In the end, I had to help my colleague clear her work as she claims that she has fear using the system. What rubbish is that?

Second matter that made me worked up was I was assumed to be the one who jammed the photocopier by J after I have used it. How come when I use the new photocopier, which was installed during my absence, there was no jam, when she use got jam lei? Logic tells you that it could be your documents have staplets that are not removed, or your original paper quality is not of good quality? J can ask "你刚才印了什么?Photocopier jam? 你知道how to clear ? Wah, since when I become the repairman for photocopier? My hp was to ring at this time, so I went to answer & heck care her. J said, 电话这么大声. Looks like J is b*** no. 2.

A headhunting firm had called me through my office line looking for me to recommend me a job. I wonder how she got my contact details and my office number, and she dared called my office number. This lady really nearly got me in trouble. People who know me will know that I will not give people my office number & always ask them to call my hp when looking for me because my office is full of those gossipy aunties already and I am not allowed to use my English name Paul there as the name is the same as my boss' son.

Comments

strawbearries said…
I think its not fair to not be able to use a name just because its the same as the boss' son.. there are so many ppl out there with the same name.. then he expects ppl to change name?
Shionge said…
Don't feel bad lah since you mention 'aunties' mah ;) Cool down and take it within your stride Paul, headhunter call means new hope, new opportunity soon, stay positive :D

Ya...what's wrong if sme name as boss' son? USE it!!! kekekek.....
curryegg said…
Paul... shionge is right...
Sometimes we need to be a bit patient. When you've the chance... then onli attack lo.. haha..

And apala... why there is such unfair rule? Just because your boss's son's name is the same with yours, why can't you use it? Em...

If headhunter is looking for you, that's a good sign. You're a great worker! That's why she's looking for you. Let her scare your boss. Don't worry. Maybe he'll even increase your paid. haha..
Paul said…
Thanks. my friends & cousin. Your comments are deeply appreciated. In my heart, I know what my next move will be.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings