My Work Is Going Back to the 80s


Thanks to the b*** stabbing me behind my back at work today. I got a nasty scolding from my boss and my work has gone back to the 80's. I have to use my beautiful handwriting to do my tax computation. After doing that, I am supposed to type out the tax computation on Excel Spreadsheet. Besides that I am supposed to do handwritten notes to explain why the income is not taxable and why the expense is not deductible so on & so on. Thank you b*** & lady boss, u really take me back in time!
Before I got this scolding, I would have done my tax computation in Excel striaghtaway, using the previous year computation, which is also saved as a worksheet and copy another copy and start to work on the computation. This was the method of working that I brought from my ex firm about 4 years ago.
People do commit errors, but I think the most important thing is that you owe up your mistake and amend it and try not to commit it again. I am not trying to find excuses for myself, but when you have a vast job scope as shown below :-


1.Preparation of personal & corporate tax computations
2.Advising of Notices of Assessment
3.Preparing replies to tax queries
4.Handling of summon cases
5.Filing of estimated chargeable income for companies
6.IRAS “My Tax Portal” Verification of Client Data & Access Code Resetting Project
7.My Tax Portal Administrator
8.E-filing of GST Returns

and you are doing the filing of documents on your own, whereas the audit dept has the typists to help them do the typing of accounts and filing of documents, Is it fair? I am a one man show handling about 300 clients in 2 CPA firms to meet the deadlines in mid Apr , end Jul & end Dec. And when I commit an error, u the bitch take the opportunity to shoot me in front of the bosses. What's more, I have corrected the error already, do u need to tell the bosses that I committed the error. You dare to say that your audit dept never commit any wrong, if need be, I can help to refresh memory.

Because I care about the company and appreciate the study & exam leave you have given to me to help me achieve my ACCA Level 2, I specially came back right after my exam to clear my desk, notwithstanding the fact that I know that I will be paid OT pay. I know if I don't clear it, I will not be able to meet the deadlines. I am also preparing myself for the shorter deadline for next year's tax return submission - 30 Nov 2008.

Since you treat me like this, why should I slog for you then? My pay is already about $400 less than my peers (Thanks Darling for doing a quick market check for me using your connections) and after working for these firms for 3 yr 3 mths & 7 days, I am still where I am at Day 1, a tax assistant. There is no change in my post yet. Other CPA firms do promote their staff after at least 2 yrs of service. I am therefore very sad about how I am valued at this firm.

I have already made the decision to move on & I have a postive answer from one of the prospects. I hope that I get the chance to go for the 2nd interview as the pay package and enivornment is what I want. But it seems like my brain & my heart is telling me to stop now, and put in the letter.

Thanks to Stella, Elaine mei, Darling, Rebec mei & Wendy mei for their support and advice for me to pull it thru till a new job comes my way. I will try, but its getting harder with no faith & trust from the management.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings