Please Use Your Common Sense

I was angered today by the fact that a client had blamed me for not filing Estimated Chargeable Income (ECI) for her company as "Nil" as her husband had passed away in the year 2005 & there was no business done.

I was not informed by my boss or Q's boss that I was supposed to do a "Nil" filing. IRAS had slapped her with a tax assessment, that was based on her FY 2004 income. Is it my fault not to file the ECI, when I am not given instructions to do anything? I have been scolded before for jumping the gun, filing the ECI without client's approval. The initial intention was to help the client get extension, but some clients didn't like the idea & feedbacked to my boss. The system was changed, but as usual there are always some unhappy people.

Was asked by Q why that client's ECI was not filed. I told my boss that I didn't see any draft account from her. How am I suppose to know what ECI to file when I don't have the account with me? As a form of respect, I told you nicely that the accounts is not done. If I disregard you as my colleague, I would have brought the matter to your boss.

Q kept saying that the company ceased business, but why didn't she prepare a set of the accounts for submission to ACRA & IRAS and get clearance for the company to be struck off the register?

Any tax or corporate secretarial professional will be able to tell you that clearance is needed by financial statements. Q, don't say I push the blame around, you are at fault in this matter!!!!

Comments

Gingy said…
aiyo.. cool down cool down!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings