Forced Into Marriage

Some time ago, u guys may have remembered reading about a gal, M chasing after me, but I rejected her as she was not able to end off her relationship with her onoff boyfriend.

Just spoke to her today on MSN and found that the guy actually proposed to her in June, but she hasn't agreed to the proposal yet as she feels that she is not ready for marriage and the guy kept insisting that she stays around the same area as his mum.

Apparently that guy, eager to ask for M's hand for marriage roped in M's family to plan for their marriage. The guy, with M's family approval, went ahead to book the hotel & wedding tables when my friend haven't agreed to the proposal.

M's mum feels that M was dragging on the proposal for too long, therefore she gave the guy a wrong signal that she was willing to marry him. M did tell him that as marriage is a lifetime decision, she needs time to consider. I do believe those people who are getting married or are married will know what I am talking about.

To me, I feel that the guy did not give M the time that she needs, the respect that she needs as his girlfriend. He should think about the consequences before he proceeded. I feel that he don't really love my friend at all. Maybe he just want to have sex with her, that's it.

I advised her to try to talk to him, even if it means quarrelling in front of her parents. If he or her parents are not agreeable with her views, ask them to marry him instead.

I can't imagine forcing people into marriage are being done by parents in the 21st century. It is ridculous!!



Comments

Dalicia said…
actually it's more about their mentality about marriage. i mean,
it's about the PARENTS happiness...
rather than the kids. but again,
it's your own happiness not theirs.
think about it, at the end who suffers?

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings