Money is the root of all the problems

I had a big quarrel with my mum over some issues that she brought up repeatedly recently. It is the same situation that is hounding Christopher & Kaylee now.

Exam results

I know that she was not happy that I failed, but she chose to keep quiet first. I know why she is not happy as she was the one who wanted to pay for me through the course of my study. I didn't force her to do it. I just told her that if she wishes me to give her an allowance each month, she would need to pay for me as despite working for nearly 4 years, my pay lags behind my peers by about $400. She was agreeable to that. Now she is complaining that I am lazy, I didn't study hard enough, and wants me to fork out part of it. I am ok but there will not be any allowance for you.

Job

Was telling her that I lost the interview after the agent advised me not to wait on that prospect as they were undergoing resturcturing. She says go for chanting lor, sure get job one. You think the religion is like a magician, can help u get a job? Have been fustrated that her friend kept pestering me to join them for their gathering, when sometimes I feel that I don't have enough time for myself.

Charity

As most of you may know by now that I have a friend who is hospitalised and my mum & I have been helping the family with a small sum of money each month. She starts to nag again, I told her I didn't ask u to help, u can choose not to help since he is my friend (that's what my mum say). I told my friend's mum that if she wishes to cancel my friends' internet & phone subscriptions, she should give me my friend's medical report then I will do the rest. My mum went to advise her that a letter need to be written by her. I just buzzed my mum off. I told her that the doc's letter is the proof. If she didn't give me the letter, I can't do anything to cancel them.

Family

Dad went to sign those timeshare holidays again, without letting us know, till my mum discovered and got my brother and I to write letter to cancel it. My bro had errenously left out the company's name and was scolded by her. I was dragged in too, as it was claimed, I didn't help my dad look at the contracts. What she didn't know was dad was angry when I talked about it, so u think he showed me what he signed?

I am in a total wreck now.



Comments

curryegg said…
Sometime mum mumbles a lot but their intention is good. Hope that you're fine now...
Paul said…
Ya I know. Thanks Curryegg. Where is ur address?

I m better already.
KAYLEE said…
ahhhhhhhhhhhh great post!
Anonymous said…
I think this very disrespectful to comment your mum like that way in Internet. No matter what she had done, I believe she is for your own good.

Whose mum is not naggy, if she don't concern about you, I believe she don't even want to bother about you.

Is giving allowance to your mother got to do with your pay lesser than your peer? I only earn $1800 plus per month, I still managed to give my family 400 per month and take up courses at the same time.

Giving allowance is matter of a filial to your parents for upbringing you to a fine adult.

Not actually to lecture you here. Just want to let you know. Parents may be wrong but it also very wrong for you to put such comments about your mum in your blog.
Paul said…
I am free to write what I want here, since it is my blog.

My blog is also a place for me to vent my fustrations.

I appreciate your comments anyway & just to add 家家有本难念的经,maybe your situation is different from mine, it is hard to make comparison.

When ppl are angry, nasty things are said & horrible things are done.

I believe u understand that too.
Anonymous said…
Even if you're feeling angry, you should reconsider what you put in your blog..

Imagine this scenario:
Someone you know sees this blog entry. Next time he/she meets your mom by chance, whatever you have said in this entry may be told to ur mom.

Yes, we all say/do nasty things when angry, espcially when the world seems unfair. But is it good to leave a memory of bad things?

It may not happen, but what if it does? How will your mom feel? Perhaps you can edit/delete whatever you had typed after you no longer feel so angry....

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings