Shocking Internet Bill for Boss

My boss sent out a memo to all staff yesterday, stating that the firm's internet access charges has skyrocketed. She wanted us to use the Internet for work purposes only, and not for watching videos or downloading stuff to the office computer.

Actually, I think I knew which staff was she referring to in the memo as all our PCs do not have speakers at all, except for boss' favourite staff .My speakers were spoiled some time ago, but I refused to change it as I don't use it for work purposes. What's more, we have a common radio set that is tuned to my fave radio station.

I saw that person using her PC to play a video CD for her child to watch when she brought her child to the office on one of the days. Apparently, she was telling my other colleague, I yesterday that, "Isn't the internet access plan supposed to be a fixed charge plan every month?" I told I that knowing my bosses' style, they might have taken the old time Jetpack Business Broadband Plan that charges users based on the MBs of files downloaded. That person also said that my colleagues B, SC & J won't sign the memo 'cause it is so stupid. Now, what does this tell you? Did that person download stuff into her PC during office hrs? If not, why she locks her PC with a personal password? It is the company's PCs & none of the staff locks up their PCs with password.

I won't be surprised if two things were to happen after this.

  1. No salary increment
  2. Staff may face the sack if they are caught doing the above by the bosses again.

有人有嘴巴讲人,没嘴巴讲自己.


Comments

Shionge said…
Sorry to hear that company has to resolve to some measures to curb this abuse by staff....:(
curryegg said…
Em.... I wonder what will happen next... Hope that everything will be fine soon.
Paul said…
The funny thing is I wonder y my boss dun 1 to tell her directly?

This is what I call boot licking.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings