Ugly Singaporeans Rear Their Heads


I was taking my usual bus, Service 147A (SBS 7319) to work today. As usual, the bus will be crowded after it reaches Serangoon Stadium. As I knew the bus captain, I decided to help him to get people to move to the rear of the bus to allow people to board.
There were these 2 people, a turban guy and a Indian lady who shouted at me & say, " You should take care of yourself first, and u r seated. U should give up your seats to the old man like me. " I shouted back at him, I said, "U didn't even see I am handicapped. I am trying to help the bus driver here. If u all move back, each person only take a min of your time. A bus carries 120 passengers, how many mins is saved?"
I wonder what is the sign " Please move to the rear" displayed at the front of the bus used for. To these two people, u dun even have a heart. You only think about yourselves. Is there a ghost at the back of the new Wheelchair Accessible Bus?
This entry will be my 1st entry on the Ugly Singaporeans Section of my blog.

Comments

Shionge said…
Sorry to hear that hey are so inconsiderate and the guts to tell you off.

Sometimes I feel like giving my two cents' worth too but sadly there will always be ugly Singaporean.
Dalicia said…
how old is he?? i would have told him to take a cab :P
Paul said…
He should be in his 50s
Anonymous said…
Uniform is authority. What the bus driver says, people will do, though not happily.

However, coming from someone seated, plus not in uniform, the response may not be positive. It just happens. Sometimes, trying to help results in a negative outcome.

Don't be too upset, for we're all human. Don't stop trying to be helpful too. I'm sure they'll see your efforts for what they are one day.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings