Organ Donation Appreciation Ceremony


The harp player from NUS



Guest of Honour, Minister of State for Health,
Mr. Heng Chee How
planting the tree of life









Putting lighted candles into the lake to signify
memories of the deceased family member
My brother & I joined my mum at this event, Organ Donation Appreciation Ceremony at the Japanese Garden just now as my mum had to receive a Medal of Honour for allowing my 2nd Uncle's organs to be harvested to be given to people in need of the organs when he passed away 7 years ago.
Because of my brother weekly church activity, he was late for the event. Thanks to his lateness, I managed to shake hands with the Guest of Honour, Minister of State for Health, Mr. Heng Chee How. He looks very young and very friendly, I must say.
Luckily, my brother didn't miss the moment where my mum went to the stage to collect the award. After that, we also witnessed Mr. Heng planting "The Tree of Life" and leading the donors' families & patient families to place candles in the lake as a form of memory for the deceased.
After that, we were finally allowed to feed on our hungry stomachs. The food was ok, but not filling enough for me & my brother as the officials had control over the amount of food that we take. I guess they were afraid of wastage of food and catered just enough.
We were ferried out of the Japanese Garden by a family of kind souls who owned a 7 seater space wagon. We didn't have the opportunity to ask the uncle who ferried us. I just wish to thank the family once again, who ferried us to Lakeside MRT station.
We took the train to Clementi MRT station, where my brother & I continued our dinner. We managed to finish a big pot of claypot rice. This shows how hungry we are.
After the dinner, we took the bus home.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings