What Printer To Choose?

Canon MX 308 ($249), comes with fax function

Canon IP4200 ($183)




Canon IP880 Printer($99)

My current printer, Canon BJC 210SP has been serving me for close to 9 years, since i used Windows 95 Operating system.
Recently, I have been trying to hunt all over Singapore for its black catridge (BJC 03) & colour catridge (BJC 05). The BJC 210SP was phased out some years ago, so locating its ink catridge seems very hard nowadays.
I was telling my dad that the printer needs to be changed as I can't locate the cartidges. He said nowadays technology advances very fast and things get phased out fast too. He was agreeable that I get a new printer as they are cheap nowadays. He says that the manufacturer earns back the profits by selling you expensive catridges.
My mum would like a fax cum printer, which I am against due to the following reasons.
  1. The fax function is seldom used and all my family members are working for other people. We are not running a home based business, therefore, we do not have many things to fax. The most we use the fax is 2 or 3 times a year.
  2. The phone line for the proposed fax machine is my broadband line which is in my tenant's room. Does it mean that I have to run upstairs to collect my printouts or fax things ?
  3. When a product has 2 or more functions, its capability usually reduces. I wonder if you agree with me on that.
  4. The cost of that additional function is so much higher than if the machine is bought on a stand alone on its own.

I am looking at the IP880 and IP4200. What do you guys think of it?



Comments

curryegg said…
So far.. what I heard of is HP or Epson is better..

HP - Black and white ink
Epson- Color printer..

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings