My Christmas Eve

PC240001

I was up early even though I was not working today as I had an interview at Raffles Place. I thought the interview was going to take me 2 hours at most but it ended up being close to 4 hrs as I had to wait for the boss to conduct the second half of the interview. The wait was about 1.5 hrs. I was quite pissed by his attitude, as he asked me why I did not put any of my boss' references for the application. I just felt that it was not necessary as I am very afraid that my past & current employers may put up a bad reference. Not only that, I do not want my current boss to know that I am looking for a job.

If the interview had been 2 hrs or shorter, I could have went to Plaza Singapura or Marina Square to catch an early movie, before the crowd was out at around early afternoon. I had wanted to catch Alvin the Chimpmunk or the R21 version of Lust Caution.

Because of the delay of the interview, I had to hide in the Citylink MPH bookstore for about 2 hrs as I waited for Darling for our lunch appointment. She wanted to pass me my birthday card & gift.

Met up with her and her colleague, Steph & Andy. Lunch was at Qi Ji at Marina Square. It was my first time there. I must say the food was not bad. I had Nasi Lemak. Darling had mee rebus. Steph had laksa. We also ordered Towhoo Goreng & Popiah, where we shared.

After lunch, we went for a walk at Suntec, before we parted at the MRT station. I was accompained by Darling as her house is a station away from mine.

Would like to thank Darling for her wordy birthday card and cash gift. The words written meant a lot to me as well. I hope our friendship will go on, like water flowing from the spring (细水长流).

Had Christmas dinner at Jumbo Serangoon at Serangoon Garden Country Club. This yearly event is organised by my dad's church. It was boring as you guys would know I hate this religion stuff. I was just there for the food. Just to say the standard of the food has dropped. It is not as good as last time.

132134731

Just wanna wish all my friends a Merry Christmas once again. May all of you stay happy and whatever you wish for come true for you.

 

Comments

curryegg said…
You've been to interview?
All the best Paul!
:)
Dalicia said…
you didn't put any of your boss as your preferences? they don't like you? i don't know are your chances. at the end, they will end up calling your boss itself.

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner @ Bacchus @ Dempsey

My Hosting Script for The National Day Event

June Musings